Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Moral of the Story


I have been reading lots of books lately. I never read books. Actually two friends lent me books. One was The power of intention by Wayne Dyer, the other one was He's just not that into you. I also bought Act like a lady, think like a man by Steve Harvey. I am also reading a copy of The Secret that I have had for a few years and didn't have the time or the inclination to read it. My excuses were I can't concentrate, I don't have time etc etc. So now I have lots of time, I have motivation to do so and I have a reason to read. Not that people don't have a reason but when you have a personal investment in something then it spurs you on to gain knowledge. I finished one book and I am a third of the way through on the other three. I was at the book store the other day and also asked the woman behind the counter "Do you have any books on self help - specifically for relationships and how men and women are different" She nodded and have me that sympathetic look and said "yes, we have a self help section and in that we have one specifically on relationships" I knew that look she gave me....the knowing look like "oh that poor dear, she's working out her stuff" sympathy? pity? Whatever! I'm at least trying to dig into what I could do to make myself better. Whether it be a better communicator or just a better understanding of my self and how I interact with others and how to be assertive vs aggressive. Which brings me to the next book I want to read Why men date bitches. HA HA

While reading these books I have reflected on the past years of my life in general as well as my dating life. Through high school, the bar scene, serious relationships etc. I have found when I asked for what I wanted I noticed guy's would ditch me so what I would do to compensate was I wouldn't ask for what I wanted anymore and then they would stick around. What I have found is all the books have said you need to do that, you need to ask for what you want because then you are going to get that quality person that respects you for who you are and all the things you believe in and stand for. If a guy really likes you and wants to have something more than just a Bootie call he will be willing to put in the time and be more than OK with your standards. Bootie calls are fine, if that's what you want. There is a time and a place for those but if your too busy "gettin' busy" it's going to be a cock block for mister right. Not Mister right now.

The moral of the story - be yourself. Ask for what you want, do not settle for less because your only cheating yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment