Monday, October 19, 2009

Todays affirmation~I make changes purposefully and consciously. I am in charge of my destiny

I think about what is right and working in my life. I focus on the positive.

So I have decided I must move towards my goals and dreams. If I continue to wallow in sadness and grief it will cause anxiety and fear to chip away at what I truely want in life. So I will list in point form what I want and why I want it.

1) Career - I am happy with my job at the moment but I think I would like to go back to school and finish my degree. Get another full time job where I don't have to work nights.

2) Friendships - Continue to meet people with like interests, values and motivations. I want to surround myself in supportive, loving, strong loyal friends.

3) Love Relationships - Meet someone with like interests, values and goals. Someone trusting, caring, loving, loyal. Someone with integrity, genuine, kind, giving, grounded, mature, smart, someone like me. Humourous, fun, silly, serious when appropriate. High on life. And equal and independant partner who likes to travel, has there own means.

4) Family/children- I'm not sure about children, I think if I had the right partner then things would fall into place.

5) Leisure/hobbies/interests - Hiking, outdoorsy stuff, travelling to other countries, art, dinner with friends, movies, I want to travel 1-2 times a year, go to art museums, live theatre, concerts, warm places for holidays. Take a class or join a group. Arts and crafts, painting.

Resources for these goals..

Student loan, grants
passions - animals
skills - organized, prioritizes well, finishes goals, creative,
people - CFP, Mortgage broker, school councillor, family, friends, paper, internet,

FINANCES
a) pay off debt
b) make a plan with CFP for savings and monthly budget
c)retire by 50-55 with a large nest egg
d)own property close to my job as well as a second property on a lake with a dock and a view (doesn't have to be a mansion it can be a little cabin)
e)Travel continues after retirement.
f) councilling on selfesteem.

So far I have contacted a Broker for pre approval, I have scoped out some possible homes to purchase both house and condo's, I have contacted the realtor to sell what I own now. I have looked into schooling (minimally) I have given my friends a heads up for a move in the near future and they are supportive and have offered their help. Whew! I have started to arrange a trip with my mom in a year from now for her birthday. I am getting excited about my dreams. I can actually see a future now. Before trying to visualize a future with him was so murky and unforseeable.

The world is my oyster.

No comments:

Post a Comment